Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gooooo Hawkeyes!

Since my husband is such an avid Iowa Hawkeyes fan I thought it would be appropriate to post these pictures. We got this jersey on sale on our way home from Pella after Christmas. It is a little big on Isaac but he will get to wear it awhile then. I do have to say that I am not a Hawkeyes fan since I am not from Iowa, but I think people assume that since that is where Joe considers himself to be from (even though his family moved around a lot). Joe is a die hard fan though since the Hawkeyes don't always have the best of teams in football or basketball. When I suggest that he pick a different team (this is usually after his team has had a bad loss and he's upset), he says that isn't being a true fan. If it were me I would just pick a better team so I wouldn't be so frustrated all the time. But that just shows you how much I know about sports or at least paying attention to certain teams and how they are doing and being able to name all of their players and stats like Joe does. It's just something that you have to really enjoy and to be honest that is my husband's hobby...I would rather be off scrapbooking or reading a good book :) I do like going to a game every now and then...being at the game is a fun experience. Watching it on TV isn't always that exciting to me. (Sorry honey...maybe one of these days I'll learn to enjoy it more).





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...