Saturday, May 9, 2009

bird pecking at my window

Crazy bird caught in the act

Here he is sitting in the tree

Lately we've had this crazy bird pecking at our bathroom window. The first day I heard the sound I thought it was a tree branch blowing in the wind and hitting our window. I kept thinking "I really need to trim that tree." After it kept happening over and over I finally went and looked out the window and saw this bird. He (I'm assuming it's a he) kept sitting in the tree and then would all of sudden fly at the window and peck it a few times and then sit back in the tree. The bird would start this around 5:30am and continue to do it all day until around 6:30pm or so. I posted my thoughts about this crazy bird on facebook and a friend suggested putting a picture of an owl in the window. I put an 8-1/2" x 11" size picture of this owl in the window last night and haven't seen the bird since. I actually haven't seen any birds anywhere near that window. They must really be scared. Here is the picture of the owl - he's quite threatening isn't he? I'm so thankful that crazy bird is gone. I don't like to hurt animals but he was testing my patience :)

The owl - my hero :)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Yikes!! that owl scared me!!! No wonder that bird isn't around anymore:)

Rachael said...

The owl is a bit creepy, but that's why I picked him. So far it's worked. The birds are nowhere to be seen (at least near that window). :)

SaRaH said...

You should just let that bird in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...