I planted my seeds in my garden 2 weeks ago and some of them are starting to come up. I think it's the peas, but we'll see when they get bigger. I also constructed another raised bed on Saturday and a friend is giving me some dirt to fill it with tomorrow. I'm so excited. The seeds I planted are green beans, carrots, peas, and yellow beans and I'm planning on planting some plants in the other box. Hopefully several tomato plants and some pepper plants - enough to make some yummy homemade salsa this summer. I also planted some strawberry plants and a raspberry bush behind our shed. Here are a few pictures of what my garden looks like now.
5 days ago







5 comments:
Hey Rach - what program are you using to compile your pictures into one collage like that? Just the Picasa collages or something fancier? I like it! :) Have fun with your garden. I make salsa with my tomatos, cilantro, and peppers, too!
How very botanical of you! It looks very nice. I can't wait to get mine planted. I'm a little late, but as it turned out, we've had hail and heavy, heavy rains. Who knows what would have happened to my seeds. I"m not with it enough to plant starts right now. I'm such a gardening neophyte. But I"m willing to learn. I just LOVE the look of tended veggie gardens. Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle? There are a lot of good recipes and stories of her gardening adventures, a fun read.
Julie: I just used Microsoft Publisher and saved it as a .jpg file. Very easy. I tried photoshop but it's too complicated.
Mem: I'll have to look up that book. Sounds good. Thanks for the tips!
I am itching to plant a garden this year. Gotta figure out the yard plan first though!
awesome! we're still building our raised beds. No seeds for us this year!
Post a Comment