Last Saturday was Isaac’s 1st Soccer Game. Actually, his first sports game ever. He’s only 5 and we struggled with whether to start with the sports stuff yet because it can get a bit crazy. But after learning about a great program and only 1 practice and 1 game a week we thought we could handle that. Isaac was nervous before the first practice because he had never played soccer before, but he quickly got into it and is enjoying it.
We thought for sure we’d see him get distracted during his first game and start looking for bugs or something. But instead he proved us wrong and played hard the entire time. He made 2 goals and almost made a third. Although at this age they don’t have goalies and then don’t keep score. Joe & I laughed a lot since it was like watching a herd of animals moving together to kick the ball. The kids don’t know positions yet or even notice when the ball goes out of bounds. The coaches pretty much tell them which way to kick the ball (and they sometimes even struggle with which way they should go) and the kids all attack the ball. But Isaac played his heart out and his asthma didn’t act up (which I was a bit nervous about).
Enjoy these pics from the day!
I got so excited and was so surprised by his first goal that I missed the action shot…
His biggest fans…






0 comments:
Post a Comment