Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Isaac!



I can't believe our little boy is 1 year old already! I still remember one year ago at 6:01am he was born and we were holding him in our arms and looking at our little blessing. He was 3 days early and it was 14 hours of labor...but he was totally worth it. Since that day we have been truly blessed and he is the joy of our lives. We couldn't imagine our life without him.
To celebrate this special day he went to my friend who watches him on Fridays (I sadly had to work). I did skip out of work during my break and brought puppy dog cupcakes for the kids to eat and the little girls sang Happy Birthday to him. He loved his cupcake and was full of frosting. It was simply adorable. I then had to head back to work, but skipped out an hour early and then went home and dressed him in his Winnie the Pooh costume that a girl at the bank gave us to borrow, so I brought him in the bank so they could see him. I also stopped at a friends house for a bit and then we went home to greet all the trick or treaters (we get around 200+ in our neighborhood..it's a bit crazy).
We are now enjoying a nice evening home with just our family. Isaac has been learning to walk and takes 3-4 steps on his own and then topples over. He is getting more and more daring though. Soon he'll be walking all over the place and into even more stuff :) I keep thinking that I blinked and this past year flew by. People keep telling me that I'll blink and he'll be 15...I can't even imagine.
We just want to thank God for blessing us with such a sweet little boy. Above is a picture of our Pooh Bear. :) Happy Birthday Sweetie!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! And wow, that is a lot of trick or treaters!

Rachael said...

I think it's because our neighborhood has lots of houses close together and we have sidewalks so it makes it perfect for parents to walk up and down the streets with their kids and not have to worry about too many cars on the streets. I think people come from out of town and everything...as I said, it's a bit crazy. Isaac and I just sat on the porch with our bowl of candy. Otherwise I'd be opening the door every minute. We can't just shut our lights off bc they ring the doorbell anyways. We'd have to leave to get out of it. Oh well.

Ed / Julie said...

Happy Birthday to Isaac and congratulations to his Mom & Dad, too! You made it through the first year of parenthood, and it looks like you're doing things the right way. Enjoy every sweet moment!

Anonymous said...

Happy First! Birthday Isaac! I bet it was a great day of happiness and joy! I don't remember ALL the kids birthdays that well, but I DO remember Kim's very first birthday celebration. What a milestone for your cute little family! And he's learning to walk more. I wish we could see his little face in person.

I'm commenting late because we just got internet service back. We were without it for a few days and we were not able to catch up with our friends or follow any blogs. But we have it back, yeah, hurray!!

SaRaH said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac! What a wonderful year.

McJason's said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac!
Rachael,
It was so fun to hear from you. Your son is adorable. Life has been busy. I'm happy to report that the two oldest munchkins are happy to be in school-so is mommy:) We brought Derrick home last August from China, and can't wait to bring Anna home soon. The whole process is maddening at times, but we know that we will bring her home in God's perfect timing.

Looking forward keeping up with lives thru your blog:0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...