Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Snow

I got up this morning and looked out the window and was surprised to see a layer of white snow on the ground. I was surprised because I thought the snow was predicted for the areas farther North of us (I guess you never can believe what those weather people say). As I'm eating my breakfast this morning I'm sitting there watching the little flurries fall to the ground. The site is so beautiful because the snow is untouched and there are no car tracks or foot prints messing it up. The snow on the branches of the trees and covering everything...it's just a beautiful site. It's quiet in the house this morning. School has a 2 hour delay, so my husband is taking advantage of that and sleeping in. When I asked if he was going to go out and shovel the driveway his reply was "It will melt." I thought that was kind of funny. He needs his sleep...he has had way too many late evenings out lately between a class he is taking, school meetings and church meetings. Isaac was up at 5:30am (due to teething I'm sure...he is cutting several molars and at least one if not two of his eye teeth), but is now fast asleep and sleeping later than usual. I on the other hand and up and getting ready. I get to go to the dentist today and get a cavity filled. This is only the fourth in my lifetime. I'm hoping the roads aren't too bad...I guess I'll just be sure to leave a little early. I can't wait to get home this afternoon and take Isaac out in his new sled he got for his birthday. He's going to love it. I'm going to love seeing the look on his face when he figures out what snow is :) It's going to be so much fun.

4 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

OH, I love the first snow and snow days! How wonderful! I hope your first experience with Isaac in the snow is picture perfect and a precious outing for you.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your snowy day and Isaac's first snow! How fun is that?!! We want to see some pics of him on his new sled. Sigh, I wish we'd get an early snow, the kids would be so excited!

Michelle said...

We had our first snow here (in Iowa) just a few days ago, and it was falling just so beautifully and peacefully...just like it must have been by you. I took Levi in it, and it would fall on his arms and cheeks, and he would just stare in awe and smile. It was adorable. I'm sure Isaac will love it and be in awe of it just as much as Levi was. I'm sure he'll love his new sled too! Oh, how fun! I can't wait to see him in just a few days!!!

Catherine said...

Ohhh, how fun!! Snow takes on a whole new meaning with kids, doesn't it!! Caitlin asks me almost everyday when it's going to snow...she loves it (probably because she only get 2 or 3 chances a year to play in it!!). Yeah, I'd love to see pictures of Isaac in the snow :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...