Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My poor little guy...

Today I had to take Isaac to get is 1 year immunizations. I wondered how it was going to be since he is understanding things more and more lately. We signed in and then went to the nurse's office. When we walked in she was in the process of giving a little girl her shots and the poor girl was crying. Isaac saw her and started crying too, like he knew something was wrong. So we walked out and waited until the girl stopped crying. Then we went in and waited for the nurse to get the shots ready. While waiting we looked at all the fun pictures of Winnie the Pooh and Scooby and babies...Isaac loved it. Then the nurse had me sit him on my lap and pull his pants down. He thought it was funny and started tickling his legs and laughing. I felt like crying, knowing what was going to happen to my poor little boy. The nurse then gave him 4 shots and he screamed. She then presented him with a sucker and that seemed to help. He was still upset, but it stopped his screaming. It all made me feel like a terrible mom. But I know it's for his own good. I'm so glad that we won't have to go back to that place for awhile. I don't like putting my little boy through that.

5 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

Oh, shots are the worst. I totally sympathize with you on what you went through today. Thankfully, he won't remember and he'll never hold it against you and someday he might even thank you for it. :)

SaRaH said...

Awwww, poor Isaac and even more, poor Isaac's mama! It won't be long before you don't have to get shots every visit and I promise he won't hold it against you.

Rachael said...

Thanks ladies...I appreciate the comforting words :)

Anonymous said...

It's never a good time when you have to get a yucky shot. Yeah, he won't remember. I know it's not fun, though. And they just don't understand why you are letting this person stick them with a needle!!

A little shot is better than getting whooping cough, measles, mumps, etc. A friends' little 2 month old baby ended up in the hospital with whooping cough, she almost didn't make it. It was VERY sad to watch a baby that young with it. But the Lord spared her and she made it through. I'm very thankful for immunization for kids and dogs, too. Rabies is a serious disease people hardly think about these days, but it is deadly. Makes a little shot a much easier to handle.

Kathryn said...

Its no fun, is it? I hate bringing them to get shots too and seeing how their happy faces turn to looks of shock as they watch Mom allow the nurse to stick them with a needle. I guess we all know that its important for them to get their immunizations. If only it was easier, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...