Seems to be a common excuse for things, but that is just what it's been like around here..busy. I keep thinking that I need to post something, but between working and running errands and getting Christmas cards out and sewing some gifts and taking care of Isaac and babysitting..... I just haven't had time to think. I just got my little boy in bed and it's been a long day. The little boy I watch on Wednesdays ended up being sick today. Between a diaper explosion (I won't go into detail, but it was so awful I had to wash his clothes and give him a bath to wash him down..ick) and him throwing up it was quite gross...but it wasn't too bad since most of it was "contained." Then later after dinner Isaac must have come down with something. It's amazing how he was playing and acting normal one minute and then throwing up the next. After three episodes and me trying not to puke myself (this is the first time I've had to clean up throw up like this and I could hardly stomach it)...it was about all my stomach could handle. So anyways...it's been a crazy day. I feel so bad for Isaac because he doesn't know what is going on. Poor little guy. We'll see how tonight goes. I'm hoping this is it for the evening, but I have a feeling it could be a long night.
(Sorry for all the icky talk, but that's how it is with little ones...right? I'll try to clean up my next post for you and make it not so gross :)
2 weeks ago






4 comments:
Oh, poor Isaac and poor Rachael! Best advice for throwing up babies who can't make it into a bowl or the toilet is a giant towel. Just drape it around them or lay them on it. Helps with the clean-up. I'll be praying you & Joe don't get it next!
I hope Isaac is feeling better! Congratulations! You're now officially christened!
Oh, Rachael. This, too, will pass!! Just keep telling yourself that, as you are cleaning up puke. I agree, YUCK!!
The towel idea sounds like a good one....I never thought of that one.
Thankfully Isaac hasn't thrown up yet today (he did several times throughout the night). I haven't given him anything except water, Pedialite, oyster crackers and toast. But he seems to be feeling better. Thanks for thinking of us. Also, Julie...I'll have to use that idea of this happens again. I did have a blanket on us and most of it went on it...but it's harder to clean.
Post a Comment