Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ogden Park

I recently bought a Canon dslr! I'm so excited about this and hope to eventually take pictures on the side. I actually am taking pictures at a friend's wedding on June 27. I wanted to find a neat place to take pictures at and I found Ogden Park. Click here to view my photos from when Joe, Isaac & I went to visit there. I edited a few pics but since I just received my camera on Friday, and these were taken Friday night, I still have a LOT to learn. I'm so excited and I LOVE the pictures this camera takes. These were just with the automatic mode. I can't wait to see what I can do with the manual mode settings. I've always had a love for photography but never was able to update my old APS film Canon slr. Recently I was able to do this and can't wait to learn more about this camera and the fun pictures I'll be able to take with it.

5 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

I am so excited for you, Rachael! That is so awesome!!!! Take tons of pictures, but beware, when you start shooting in manual, AV, or TV modes, if you shoot in RAW, the pictures take up a LOT of space on your hard drive. This is my current problem. But the pictures are phenomenal and I can't wait to see all your pictures in the future. Have a ton of fun!!!

Ed / Julie said...

Oh, I also meant to say that I love the pictures you posted on your web album. You have some great ones and a good eye. You're going to love what your camera can do in AV mode, especially for taking portraits of Isaac.

Anonymous said...

A DSLR!!! That is wonderful! I checked out your new pics and they look great! I know you'll have a fun time figuring it out. I borrowed a DSLR on a recent vacation and was a little stumped with how to make the most of all the gadgets and do-whats. But I KNOW you, you are so smart and you'll have it figured out in no time. Enjoy your new toy!

HINT: you could fly out and take our directory pictures for church, we are re-doing them, we haven't redone them since you were here. We've been updating as we add new members, but we are doing a major new one and it makes me think of you......

SaRaH said...

Awesome, Rachael! The pics are great -- can't wait to see what you can do with the settings.

McJason's said...

What a beautiful place! Your pictures are amazing, too. Enjoy your new toy:).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...