Thursday, June 4, 2009

Why nap when you can sing?



Isaac should be taking a nap but instead is singing and playing in his crib. We are supposed to go swimming this afternoon so of course when I'd like him to take a nap he probably won't and so he will be really crabby this afternoon. I caught him in the act of singing in his crib and it sounded like he started to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." I'm glad he's happy and has fun in his crib, but I really wish he would take a nice long nap before we leave. I have a feeling the morning nap time may be a thing of the past with Isaac and we will just have to put him down for afternoon naps from now on. The thing is he gets up really early - usually he's up at 6:00 and if he does sleep in it's rarely past 7:00 - so a morning nap is often needed if we are going to do something in the afternoon. If he doesn't sleep now maybe he'll nap a bit in the car??? We can only hope :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachael, I remember our kids doing this exact thing. The only difference is that if they ever caught me coming back into their room during naptime and they were awake, naptime was O-VER!! They did go down easy, though, and wake up refreshed and singing, usually! I learned to peek like a spy and go unnoticed, most of the time. Ah, sweet memories.....

Catherine said...

Both of my kids went to one nap a day between 12-15 months!! It was a hard adjustment...trying to get them to stay awake until after lunch, but in the end I always like it when they only nap once a day because it usually means they will go to bed earlier and/or sleep in later too!! Oh, and how cute is Isaac singing "twinkle twinkle"!!!!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Ha! That was adorable :) Jude also spends A LOT of time singing and talking in his bed :) I figure, at least he's resting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...