- 11 1/2 - 2 ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 4cups water
- 114 ounce can vegetable broth (I used half chicken broth, half beef broth bc I didn't have veg broth)
- 1 1/2cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper (I just put a dash)
- 17 - 8 ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 112 ounce can evaporated milk
- 6cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- 1/2 lb
- ground turkey, browned (I added this - so you can add it or leave it out---optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)directions
1.Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
I also browned ground turkey and added it to the mix.
2.Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
3.Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
4.Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach (I cooked my spinach in the pan I used toc.
cook the turkey and added it to the soup after it had been on low 2 hrs). If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings (I'd say more like 6-8 servings...unless you eat huge bowls of soup...this recipe filled my regular size crockpot).






1 comments:
I had some of this soup on Sunday. It was wonderful. Thanks, Rachael!
Post a Comment