Well, it seems my blog is becoming a recipe blog...not what I intended, just what I seem to be posting lately :) I just had to post this salad recipe before I forget to write it down somewhere. Thanks to my SIL for sending the recipe. It's quite delish!
I don't even have a title for what it's actually called, so I'm just going to call it...Yummy Salad.
Ingredients:
1 bag spring mix greens
Candied Walnuts (or I used candied pecans because I prefer pecans and I couldn't find any other candied nuts at Walmart)
Thinly Sliced Apples (my favorite are Gala Apples)
Craisins (Dried Cranberries)
Honey Mustard Dressing (I used Newman's Own Salad Dressing...Light Honey Mustard).
Mix the above ingredients, drizzle on however much dressing you like and enjoy. Such a yummy combination for a salad. I've become addicted to it. Especially since Aldi is selling a nice mix of small lettuce heads in their veggie section only for $1.99. It stays fresh longer than the bagged stuff.
Other than that, it's been an interesting week here. The boys have had colds and I finally took Seth to the doctor on Thursday morning. Turned out he has a double ear infection and has now been diagnosed with bronchitis/asthma. So he's been on breathing treatments every 4 hours and the morning and evening treatments will continue indefinitely. So that was a bit more than I expected when I took him in. The treatments make him all hyper afterward. Joe & I just laugh because he's running all over the place with this big grin on his face. It's quite funny to watch. Thankfully when I have to get him up for his nightly treatments he doesn't wake up much and actually falls back asleep while I'm giving him the treatment. I'm exhausted to say the least. Being pregnant, getting up 3 times a night and oh, Isaac's cough is back and he ended up throwing up last night in bed...so that was a nice thing to add to the evening. Basically it's been a long week with not a lot of sleep for this prego momma. Thankfully I just have the sniffles since Joe has gotten the cold too. Hopefully mine doesn't get worse.
Well, I'm off to make sense of the pile of medical bills since we just got another one that wasn't on the insurance statement. I get to call the insurance company again on Monday and find out what's going on because this bill has put us way over what we should have to owe. Oh the joys.
I shouldn't complain so much. I am so thankful to have my health back. I know it could be so much worse. We are definitely blessed beyond measure. Just some days it's hard for my human mind to see that. Thankfully God shows me in His way that He is a gracious, good, loving God that is in control of all things. May I strive to keep my eyes on things eternal where in the end there will be no more pain, no more sorrow, no more health issues, etc. Where we will be one day worshiping and praising our Lord.






1 comments:
I've made one similar only with pears instead of apples, and grated swiss cheese on top. SO good.
Been thinking ofyou and praying for you today. hope you get ther est you need, my friend!
Post a Comment