A friend recently made this yummy snack for us and I asked her for the recipe. She actually gave it to my husband for "Teacher Appreciation Day" but he took it home and I may or may not have eaten the entire bag.. So just to warn you, this stuff is quite addicting. I haven't made it yet, but when I do I will definitely need to share it with friends because otherwise I'll have tummy ache. So enjoy!
FAVORITE SNACK MIX
6 cups Crispix Cereal (i usually use about 7 cups)
1 can (10 oz) mixed nuts
1 pkg. (10 oz) pretzel sticks (i put in less pretzels because I am not a pretzel lover)
3/4 C butter or margerine (i always use butter, but marg is probably ok...)
3/4 C packed brown sugar
In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels. In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt butter.
Add brown sugar: cook and stir until dissolved.
Pour over cereal mixture, stir (rubber spatula works well here) to coat.
Place a third on a greased cookie or baking sheet (i just divide mixture in half and use 2 cookie sheets)
Bake at 325 for 8 minutes; stir then bake for 6 more minutes.
Spread on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture.






1 comments:
oh yum! that sounds so good. thanks for sharing the recipe!
Post a Comment