Our baby boy, Seth Joseph, was born on March 16 at 7:11pm. 8lbs 8oz, 20.5" long. This delivery went way better than with Isaac. Isaac took 14 hours and there were lots of complications during and after delivery. Seth arrived rather quickly. We got to the hospital just after 5pm and he was born just after 7pm. As deliveries go, he was fairly easy. Also, this time I was able to get out of bed and the doctor suggested I labor in the tub for relief. This is one thing I would definitely recommend. I know my labor was quick and I only had to push twice and he came out, but I really think the tub helped with relaxing me and making the delivery easier. I did it with no pain medicine - not that I was planning on doing that, but now I know I can do it. It was so amazing to not feel all groggy from pain meds after Seth was born. I was able to hold him right away and bond with him. I kept him by me until 10:30 that night before I was moved to another room. With Isaac I hardly remember delivery or much after he was born because I was so out of it and it took 5 weeks for me to start feeling like normal again. I actually already went out of the house yesterday and took Isaac to a friend's house, while I took Seth to the doctor and to the hospital for followup stuff. I couldn't believe I was doing that already. I wish every woman that has/had a child could experience a delivery like this. I am so thankful God blessed me with this amazing experience and a beautiful, healthy baby boy!
2 weeks ago






4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a great delivery story - yay for no drugs, i did it that way too:) Hope you're sleeping okay too:)
I'm so thankful that your delivery went well, Rachael! Congratulations and God bless you all as you get used to being a family of four!!
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your entire family! What a wonderful blessing Seth already is.
thanks for sharing your inspiring delivery story! it gives me hope :)
Post a Comment